Want to see what the latest topics are revolving around geriatric nurses?
Check out these websites to stay on abreast of current news, but also view these resources when you are a practicing RN for free and fast information.
- American Geriatrics Society: a not-for-profit organization of over 6,000 health professionals devoted to improving the health, independence and quality of life of all older people. The Society provides leadership to healthcare professionals, policy makers and the public by implementing and advocating for programs in patient care, research, professional and public education, and public policy.
- ConsultGeriRN: This mobile reference provides information and tools to treat common problems encountered when caring for older adults. The App follows a decision making algorithm. This App is availalbe for Ipad for $1.99
- GeroNurse: GeronurseOnline.org is the official geriatric nursing Web site of the American Nurses Association (ANA). It was developed through the Nurse Competence in Aging initiative, to provide information regarding nursing care of older adults.
- Gero Nursing Ed: Gero Nursing Ed is a free public collection of geriatric nursing education resources for school of nursing faculty who want to include content on older adults in their undergraduate and associate degree curricula.
- Hartford Institute for Geriatric Nursing: is an organization that has been shaping the quality of health care for older adults since 1996. It is the "geriatric arm" of the NYU College of Nursing and has become a beacon for all of those who wish to advance in geriatric nursing.
- National Gerontological Nursing Association: This organization is dedicated to the clinical care of older adults across diverse care settings. Members include clinicians, educators, and researchers with vastly different educational preparation, clinical roles, and interest in practice issues.