- Limit access to copyrighted works to students currently enrolled in the class (this is automatically done by the Registrar).
- Limit access to the material for two weeks using Blackboard's calendar restrictions.
- When possible, provide links to content instead of posting copies including websites and the LIU Library databases
- Prevent further copying or redistribution of copyrighted works.
- Repeated use from semester to semester weighs against fair use. In such cases it is best to obtain permission from the copyright owner.
- Inform students of copyright laws by including a copyright notice in Blackboard and verbally reinforcing the notice in blended courses. Feel free to "copy and paste" the copyright notice below into your course.
The materials on this Blackboard course site are only for the use of students enrolled in this course for purposes associated with this course and may not be retained or further disseminated.
*Information from LIUPost